Gossip Lanka News

UDERGROUND NEWS FROM SRI LANKA
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Local News Today

FCID concludes investigations into 89 complaints; 131 more amidst process

FCID concludes investigations into 89 complaints; 131 more amidst processPolice Media Spokesperson, Superintendent of Police (SP) Ruwan Gunasekara stated that the Police Financial Crimes Investigation Division (FCID) had received 335 complaints in total up-to-date, out of which, investigations into 89 complaints had already been completed.MORE...

Post a comment | 7 hours ago

Court orders expedition of Thajudeen’s murder investigation

Court orders expedition of Thajudeen’s murder investigation The Colombo Additional Magistrate, Justice Jeyaram Trosky, has ordered that the investigations into the murder of Wassim Thajudeen be expedited.MORE...

| 8 hours ago

Three arrested following raid of alcohol distillation plant in Marawila

Three arrested following raid of alcohol distillation plant in MarawilaThree individuals have been arrested following a raid of an illegal large-scale alcohol distillation plant in Mudukatuwa, Marawila.MORE...

Post a comment | 8 hours ago

Sri Lankan teacher among 2017 Magsaysay award winners

Sri Lankan teacher among 2017 Magsaysay award winners A Japanese historian who helped Cambodians preserve the Angkor temples and a Sri Lankan teacher who counselled war widows and orphans to overcome their nightmares are among the six winners of this year’s Ramon Magsaysay Awards, regarded as Asia’s version of the Nobel Prize. MORE..

Post a comment | July 27, 2017  6:25 pm News Source - ADADERANA.LK

Chat with model Shehani Liyanage


she is a student at the Colombo University Science Faculty and she is also following CIM.

Shehani is an old girl of Devi Balika Vidyalaya.  

One of her key achievements in life was becoming part of the 12 finalists at the Miss Sri Lanka pageant in 2012. However, Shehani had to withdraw herself from the contest due to her commitment to studies. 

She has since been involved in modelling and has posed for many magazines; fashion shoots with many renowned photographers in Sri Lanka and she is certainly one of the sizzling faces in the Sri Lankan fashion arena.

You are now in university, following CIM and modelling. What’s your main aim in life?
Well, to be honest, modelling is just my passion. I love every minute I spend on shoots and if I’m given a chance to go through it a lot more thoroughly and spend more time on it, I will gladly take that chance.
 
But my main aim is to serve my country with what I've learned in Biological Science, with the combination of marketing.
But once again modelling is definitely my biggest passion.
 
What do you feel about leaving Miss Sri Lanka top 12 due to educational commitments? Any regrets?


Being in such an event was a great experience. The time I spent at the contest was very memorable, and it was totally unexpected as well, I didn’t think I will get selected and stay in the contest for so long.

Anyway, leaving the contest was sad. But I don’t regret it. I’ve always given priority to more important things, and I believe my studies should be given the highest priority, so I don’t regret my decision of giving up the contest at all.

If you made a self assessment, what kind of a model would you say you are, and what do you want to be?

I want to be a model that enjoys her own work, rather than trying to satisfy others. So if I assess myself, I’m a model who does her work to her fullest capacity and one who reaches her goals somehow with dedication and commitment. That applies to all aspects in my life, not only in modelling.

When it comes to modelling and the preferred area in modelling I would say that I am mainly a fashion and glamour model; hoping to try lingerie as well as ramp modeling.

I enjoy fashion modeling so much. It’s very innovative and one can do lot of experiments with one’s capabilities and appearances in that aspect.

What other things are you interested in?

I always liked taking challenges. Taking up challenges has become my hobby. Getting into modelling itself was a challenge which I wanted to try out. I’ve also tried singing.

I was a vocalist for Sugar Lipz. Then at University and school level I’ve tried dancing and acting. I feel I am kind of good at both of those too.


















RSS
FCID concludes investigations into 89 complaints; 131 more amidst process FCID concludes investigations into 89 complaints; 131 more amidst process Police Media Spokesperson, Superintendent of Police (SP) Ruwan Gunasekara stated that the Police Financial Crimes Investigation Division (FCID) had received 335 complaints in total up-to-date, out of which, investigations into 89 complaints had already been completed.MORE... Post a comment | 7 hours ago Court orders expedition of Thajudeen’s murder investigation Court orders expedition of Thajudeen’s murder investigation The Colombo Additional Magistrate, Justice Jeyaram Trosky, has ordered that the investigations into the murder of Wassim Thajudeen be expedited.MORE... | 8 hours ago Three arrested following raid of alcohol distillation plant in Marawila Three arrested following raid of alcohol distillation plant in Marawila Three individuals have been arrested following a raid of an illegal large-scale alcohol distillation plant in Mudukatuwa, Marawila.MORE... Post a comment | 8 hours ago Sri Lankan teacher among 2017 Magsaysay award winners Sri Lankan teacher among 2017 Magsaysay award winners A Japanese historian who helped Cambodians preserve the Angkor temples and a Sri Lankan teacher who counselled war widows and orphans to overcome their nightmares are among the six winners of this year’s Ramon Magsaysay Awards, regarded as Asia’s version of the Nobel Prize. MORE.. Post a comment | July 27, 2017 6:25 pm 70% salary increase for SPC staff 70% salary increase for SPC staff Salaries of the employees of the State Pharmaceuticals Corporation (SPC) will be increased by 70 percent in three phases within three years, Minister of Health Dr. Rajitha Senarathne said. MORE... Post a comment | July 27, 2017 4:53 pm Judge vows to care for children of policeman shot in Nallur Judge vows to care for children of policeman shot in Nallur Jaffna High Court Judge M. Illanchelian says that he will take care of the children of the late Sub Inspector Sarath Premachandra, the police officer who died following the shooting in Nallur while escorting him. MORE.. Post a comment | July 27, 2017 4:50 pm News Source - adaderana.lk

Sponsored

Stats